Visa Information

Invitation Letter Instructions

If you need an invitation letter for your visa application, please email to the local chairs ( and, and include the following information:

  1. Name on passport
  2. Travel document ID (Passport No.)
  3. Date of Birth
  4. Affiliation
  5. Accepted paper ID OR Evidence of payment (Registration Site)

Visa Waiver Countries and Territories

Visitors from visa-waiver countries and territories
must request an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) prior to coming to New Zealand. You may also have to pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL). For more information on the ETA and IVL, visit Immigration New Zealand.

New Zealand has a visa waiver agreement with many countries and territories and delegates from those countries and territories can travel to New Zealand without obtaining a visa. However, they’ll need to show that they’re a genuine visitor, have enough money for their stay and have a travel ticket out of New Zealand.

Before travelling to New Zealand, you need to make sure your passport is valid for at least three months longer than your expected departure date. If you come from a country or a territory that needs a New Zealand visa to enter, please be sure to apply in advance.

If you have a biometric ordinary passport (or electronic passport) and are over 12 years old, you may be able to use New Zealand Customs eGate service. This allows you to complete your Customs and Immigration checks faster so you can get on with enjoying your visit to New Zealand.

Non-Visa Waiver Countries and Territories

Delegates from non-visa waiver countries and territories are encouraged to apply for visas four weeks in advance in order to have their visa processed by Immigration New Zealand or the applicable New Zealand embassy or consulate in their country/territory of residence. Based upon past experience, most guests can get the visa in two weeks.

Transiting through Australia

If your flight has a stop-over in Australia, you may be required to obtain a transit visa. Please visit this link or contact your nearest Australian Embassy for more information.